Hello Wicklund Families,
I’d like to thank you for all your support this school year as we partnered together to support your child’s academic success this school year! A lot of great things took place this year that will continue into next year. A few notable items are:
- Daily, small group instruction in K-8th grades for both ELA and Mathematics;
- Implementation of PAWsitive Behaviors during assemblies, classroom lessons, WOW Tickets, and PAWsitive Referrals to Principal Gonzales;
- Close monitoring of attendance (absences, tardies, truancy) and working closely with parents to resolve them;
- Implementation of iRead in grades K-2 to reinforce early literacy skills and ST Math in grades K-5;
- Continued partnership with WSF and teachers to provide enrichment opportunities for scholars (plays, summer camps, Olympiad teams, Pentathalon teams, Art on Wheels, Accelerated Reader, to name a few)
I’d like to thank our vice principal, Mrs. Matthews, for her service to our scholars, families, and staff the last three years. She has helped develop a positive school culture and has brought out the best in our staff to serve our scholars. Mrs. Matthews is moving on to become a Principal with Modesto City Schools and we wish her the best of luck. She will be missed for her dedication, positive demeanor and laugh which brightens everyone’s day at Wicklund.
Purchase next year’s teacher-recommended student supply lists by clicking on the link below. You may order supplies in the comfort of your own home and they are shipped directly to you.
A lot of great things took place this year at Wicklund and we look forward to building upon those successes next year with you as our partners in your scholars’ education. As a final reminder, school starts next year on Wednesday, August 7.
May you all have a wonderful summer and thanks for your continued support!
Ryan R. Gonzales